Article 1 (Scope of Application)
- Contracts for accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph.
Article 2 (Application for Accommodation Contract)
- A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
(1)Name of the Guest(s);
(2)Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
(3) Accommodation charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges as listed in the Attached Table No. 1); and
(4)Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- If Guests request to extend their stay, during their stay, beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
Article 3 (Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.)
- A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply where it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit set by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay by the date specified by the Hotel.
- The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charge to be paid by the Guest, secondly for cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for reparations under Article 18 as applicable. The remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of payment for accommodation as stated in Article 12.
- If the Guest fails to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of Payment of the deposit is specified.
Article 4 (Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- In the case when the Hotel has not requested payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as though the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Article 5 (Refusal of Accommodation Contracts)
The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
(2) When the Hotel is fully booked and there is no vacancy;
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his/her accommodation;
When the Guest seeking accommodation is an organized crime group, a member thereof, a group affiliated with an organized crime group or an affiliate thereof, or any other anti-social organization;
(5) When the Hotel and/or hotel staff are violently threatened by the Guest;
(6) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease;
(7) When the Hotel and/or hotel staff are unreasonably burdened by the Guest;
(8) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
(9) When the Guest seeking accommodation is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when the person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests.
Article 6 (Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Hotel.
- If the Guest has canceled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has canceled before payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No. 2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of payment of cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
- If the Guest does not appear by 10:00 p.m. of the accommodation date without advance notice (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified), the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being canceled by the Guest.
Article 7 (Right to Cancel Accommodation Contract by the Hotel)
- The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
(1) When the Guest is deemed liable for conduct and/or has conducted himself/herself in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his/her accommodation.
(2) When the Guest can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease;
(3) When the Hotel and/or hotel staff suffers from violence, threat, blackmail or unreasonable demands, or unreasonable burden from the Guest;
(4) When the Guest is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests;
(5) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure;
(6) When the Guest is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests;
(7) When the Guest does not observe Hotel Regulations stipulated by the Hotel.
- If the Hotel has canceled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not charge the Guest for any of the services during the contractual period he/she has not received.
Article 8 (Registration)
- The Guest shall register the following particulars at the Front Desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation:
(1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
(2) For non-Japanese Guest(s): Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan;
(3) Date of departure; and
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel
- All Guests of foreign nationality who do not reside within Japan will be asked to leave a photocopy of their passport with the Front Desk.
- In the case where the Guest intends to pay his/her accommodation charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as accommodation coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Article 9 (Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms)
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 2:00 p.m. on the day of arrival to 11:00 a.m. on the day of departure.
- The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the guest room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall apply as follows:
(1) Up to 3 hours: 30% of the room charge
(2) Up to 6 hours: 50% of the room charge
(3) More than 6 hours: 100% of the room charge
Article 10 （Observance of Hotel Regulations)
The Guest shall observe the Hotel Regulations established by the Hotel. Hotel Regulations are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
Article 11 (Business Hours)
- The business hours of the Hotel main facilities and those of other facilities, etc. shall be notified in detail by the Service Directory in guest rooms.
- The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable circumstances of the Hotel. In such cases, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
Article 12 (Payment of Accommodation Charges)
- The breakdown of accommodation charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the attached Table No. 1.
- Accommodation charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid at Front Desk at the time of the Guest’s arrival or upon request by the Hotel with Japanese currency, or by any other means such as accommodation coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel.
- Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him/her by the Hotel.
Article 13 (Liabilities of the Hotel)
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases where such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- The Hotel is covered by Hotel Liability Insurance to deal with unexpected fire and/or other disasters.
Article 14 (Handling when Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms)
- The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel will not compensate the Guest.
Article 15 (Handling of Deposited Articles)
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to goods, cash or valuables deposited at the Front Desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest for an appraisal of the value and the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest up to a maximum of ¥150,000.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables brought onto the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the Front Desk. However, for articles of which the nature and value has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest up to a maximum of ¥150,000, except in the case of the intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel.
Article 16 (Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of Guest)
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his/her arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to store it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the Front Desk at the time of his/her check-in.
- When the baggage or belongings of the Guest are found after check-out and ownership of the article is confirmed, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no such instructions are given to the Hotel by the owner or when ownership is not confirmed, the Hotel shall keep the article for 3 month, including the day it is found, and after this period, the Hotel shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
- The Hotel’s liability in regard to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph１of the preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph２of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
Article 17 (Liability in Regard to Parking)
The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage caused through intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regards to the management of the parking lot.
Article 18 (Liability of the Guest)
The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for damage caused through intent or negligence on part of the Guest.
Article 19 (Disclaimer)
The Guest shall utilize computer communication from within the Hotel at his/her own responsibility. In the event of any interruption of services in the course of utilizing computer communication, the Hotel shall not be liable whatsoever for any damage incurred by the Guest due to such interruption. If the Hotel or any third party incurs damage due to any act that is deemed inappropriate by the Hotel made by the Guest while utilizing computer communication, the Guest shall compensate the Hotel or the third party for such damage.
Article 20 (Governing Language)
This Terms & Conditions are provided in both Japanese and English. In case of a discrepancy between the Japanese and the English, the Japanese version will take precedence.
Article 21 (Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws)
Litigation arising from the Terms & Conditions for Accommodation Contract will be resolved in the courts in the jurisdiction of the Hotel and in accordance with Japanese law.
Attached Table No.1
The breakdown of the Accommodation charges, etc.(Ref. Paragraph１of Article, and Paragraph１of Article 12)
|Total amount to be paid by the Guest||Accommodation Charges||(Basic Accommodation Charge)|
|Extra Charges||(Meals, Drinks and other Expenses)|
|Taxes||(Consumption Tax and other taxes)|
1. The basic accommodation fees are as presented in the Hotel’s price list.
2. These charges are subject to change in accordance with revisions to the Tax Laws concerned.
Attached Table No.2
Cancellation Charge for Hotel (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|Contracted number of Guests||Date when Cancellation of Contract is notified|
|No show||Accommodation Day||1 Day Prior to Accommodation Day||2-9 Days Prior to Accommodation Day|
|Individual: Up to 14||100%||80%||20%||–|
|Group: 15 or more||100%||80%||20%||10%|
1. The percentages signifies the rate of the cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges.
2. When the number of days contracted is reduced, cancellation charges for one day (the first day) shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
Last revised November 19, 2021